Hex Lab OS Carbon Handlebar
Made with custom, hand-laid carbon fiber, Hex Lab™ Carbon bars are the first of their kind -- a high-level, race-oriented bar designed specifically for younger riders. With a proprietary 28.6mm clamp area that provides exceptional stiffness, this handlebar is only compatible with stems that have a 28.6mm clamp diameter, like the Hex Lab Mini Stem.
|4.5 Inch||6 Inch|
|Material||3k Carbon Fiber||3k Carbon Fiber|
|Sweep||7° back, 2° up||7° back, 2° up|
|Weight||205 grams / 7.2 ounces||325 grams / 11.4 ounces|
Please note, the maximum recommended rider weight for these bars is 100 pounds.PRODUCT CARE
- Carbon fiber products should ONLY be installed by a trained professional bicycle mechanic.
- Carbon fiber products are designed to be lightweight and pass stringent EN standards, but they may not be suitable for all rider sizes and riding styles.
- Check your carbon fiber parts regularly to ensure there are no deep scratches or gouges, chips, cracks, loose carbon fibers or any other surface imperfections.
- Damaged carbon fiber can fail suddenly and without warning, causing serious injury or death.
- Carbon fiber can conceal damage from an impact or crash. If you suspect that your carbon fiber part has been crashed or impacted, stop riding immediately and have a professional bicycle mechanic inspect the part.
- Use only carbon friendly brake levers, grips and stems on handlebars/forks. Be sure to remove any burrs and sharp edges from any clamping surfaces that will be in contact with the carbon fiber. These sharp edges can damage and compromise the strength of the carbon product.
- Carbon handlebars should be installed with carbon paste. The paste increases surface friction and allows for lower torque settings. When tightening the stem face plate, do so in a criss-cross pattern until the specified torque setting for the handlebar is reached to achieve a balanced installation. NOTE: Do not use the torque setting recommended for the stem. A carbon handlebar’s maximum torque is 7 Nm -- tightening a stem in excess of 7Nm can crush the carbon fiber tubing.
- If narrowing a carbon handlebar, this must be performed by a professional mechanic using a carbon specific hacksaw.
- Do not install bar ends on carbon handlebars.
- BMX carbon forks and handlebars are for BMX racing ONLY and not for dirt jumping or any other use that is not for their intended purpose.
- Carbon fiber products should not be cleaned with harsh chemicals, use only soapy water.
- Always wear a helmet and wear the appropriate safety wear for the conditions that you ride in.
- Prior to riding, always give your bicycle a safety inspection.