Vector M35 Crankset
Ridden to a 2013 World Championships by Caroline Buchanan, a silver medal by Marc Willers and bronze by Manon Valentino, the Vector M35 has proven itself as the go-to choice for elite BMX racers. What makes these BMX cranks so special is that they are the world’s first with a Praxis™ 35-millimeter external bottom bracket system. Hollow forged crank arms and a massive 35 millimeter Praxis™ spindle cold-forged from 7075 aluminum make this the absolute stiffest BMX race crank on the market today, period. A precision CNC-machined chromoly/alloy self-extracting crank bolt system rounds out the crankset, making installation and removal a snap.
|Shell Compatibility||PF30 or BB30 only|
|Weight||739 grams / 26.1 ounces (175mm)|
- Praxis™ M35 external bottom bracket with precision Enduro™ bearings
- (2) M35 BB installation tools
Vector specifics not covered in the video:
1. Unlike the BB in the video, the Vector BB has only one dust cover on the non-drive side. Don’t look for a missing second dust cover. There is only one. The Vector BB is drive-side/non-drive-side specific. The cranks will only fit in one direction. Be sure the non-drive side is on the left side of the frame. The non-drive-side has the dust cover and has a smaller ID than the drive-side. If the BB is installed backward, the cranks will not slide into the BB.
2. The Vector BB requires two M35 BB cup tools, which are provided with the crankset. Following the instructions in the videos, use BOTH BB cup tools to hold/tighten BOTH cups when installing. Two 1/2″-drive ratchet wrenches are necessary to do this.
The only difference between the two Praxis videos is one is for BB30 frames, while the other is for PF30 frames. PF30 frames require the use of the Delrin sleeve, while the BB30 frames do not. GT and Meybo are some of the companies using BB30 bottom bracket shells in their frames. DK and Staats use PF30 BB shells.
3. Do not use pedal washers when installing pedals onto Vector cranks. Vector cranks are designed to be used without pedal washers.
For best results, have a professional bicycle mechanic install your Vector crankset.